Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pure Trim Shakes Reviews

Hi, I'm Monique and I wanted to give my unbiased reviews of the (formerly Awareness Life) Pure Trim Shakes.



The reason I say reviews (plural) is because I will be reviewing both the chocolate and vanilla flavors - I have not tried strawberry sorbet just yet.

I became interested in the Pure Trim Shakes because of the wholesome ingredients. I order them through a friend of mine. I don't know if I can or should give her name, but I guess that should be okay. Her name is Cherie.

Anyway, I also wanted to lose just a few pounds and wanted a meal replacement shake, but I wanted one that didn't have soy, as I heard soy isn't good for women. I also wanted it to be dairy free because dairy products give me gas. Sorry if that's tmi.

So, my friend told me about these shakes and I immediately wanted to try them. Here's my review of them:

How they taste:

I hope she doesn't get mad at me for saying this lol, but I'll have to admit, when I first tried them I didn't like them. I tried vanilla first and I blended it with just water.
It wasn't totally gross (I've definitely tasted worse) but it wasn't a total "YUM" experience either.

So I called Cherie a little upset and she told me to try blending it with a banana or even some blueberries. So, the next time, I did that. First I tried it with banana and ice and that was so much better. I also added a little extra vanilla to it and it was like a vanilla milk shake!
Then, I tried it with blueberries and fell in love with that!

Later, I tried it with strawberries (yum), then orange juice (yum), and then peanut butter and banana (double yum). That's my favorite, peanut butter and banana!

As one of Cherie's customers I got some recipes from her and one I also like is her apple pie shake. That one is really good too!

The chocolate is "ok", not really my favorite, though. I actually like it better when I use vanilla and add my own cocoa to it. I can tolerate the chocolate if I blend it with a banana or banana and peanut butter. But I prefer vanilla. You can do more with it. The little book that comes with the shakes sometimes has some recipes as well. But overall, I like that the shakes aren't chalky. They're pretty smooth in texture.

What's in them?

The ingredients list looks good. I can't post the whole list of ingredients here, but there's some really good stuff in the shakes. The only questionable ingredient is sucralose. I have heard mixed reviews on that. But I've been drinking the shakes for a while and I always feel good, never sick or anything like I've heard with some shakes out there.

Other than that, there's like 23 grams of protein (I think that's right, the box isn't in front of me) and 500 mg of calcium. I noticed my nails are getting longer. There's supposed to be some anti-stress ingredients but I don't know, I can't really tell. I guess I'm pretty mellow. There's just a lot of herbs and stuff in them, a lot of good for you stuff. I asked Cherie about the sucralose and she told me that the owner of the company said it's such a small amount that he doesn't even have to list it according to the FDA, but he does anyway to be honest. I can respect that. He also said that he tried it without and to use other sweeteners like stevia but it made the shakes taste awful. I told you that it wasn't that good by itself, at least to me because some folks seem to like them straight up, so if it was worse, then he did the right thing lol.

Do they really work to help you lose weight?

Well, I didn't need to lose a whole lot of weight, but I did lose a few pounds drinking two of the shakes a day and eating kinda healthy. They keep you really full and you pee a lot from drinking all the water they advise you to drink.

So overall, I think the shakes are pretty good. Better than a lot that I've tasted. I did taste the Body by Vi shakes once and the flavor of those are better than Pure Trim Shakes but I didn't like the ingredients, so I stuck with Pure Trim.

Well, I guess that's all. I hope you enjoyed my review of the Pure Trim Shakes.
If you want to order some, connect with my friend Cherie at www.gethealthycleanandlean.com!
Be sure and tell her Monique sent you! Maybe she'll give me a discount! lol :)

-- Uniquely Monique






















No comments:

Post a Comment